The Sanctuary Course for Catholics
The Sanctuary Course for Catholics is a study guide for small groups, designed to raise awareness and start conversations in local parishes regarding mental health. Over the course of eight sessions, participants will:
- explore the intersection of faith and mental health,
- expand their understanding of mental health and mental illness,
- examine the effects of stigma,
- define the principles and processes of recovery,
- reflect on the importance of companionship,
- learn about self-care,
- discuss next steps for their community.
The sessions include informative reading, discussion questions, reflection exercises, and prayers. Compelling films featuring Catholics who have journeyed through mental health challenges accompany each session.
In addition to the coursebook and films, this subscription includes access to facilitator and participant guides, and an audiobook version of the course. Facilitating or participating in The Sanctuary Course for Catholics requires no previous mental health training or expertise; it is for anyone who wants to learn more about faith and mental health.